Vocal Music Teacher Grades 6-12
Crete Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the position of vocal music teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. Benefits include paid health insurance, long term disability insurance, and personal and sick leave.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Nebraska Teaching Certificate with music endorsement
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check
- Regular, dependable in-person attendance on the job
- Perform the identified tasks
- Posses and utilize knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the identified work activities
Related Job Tasks:
- Use gestures to shape the music being played, communicating desired tempo, phrasing, tone, color, pitch, volume, and other performance aspects.
- Direct groups at rehearsals and live or recorded performances to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance dynamics, rhythm, and tempo.
- Plan and schedule rehearsals and performances, and arrange details such as locations, accompanists, and instrumentalists.
- Consider such factors as ensemble size and abilities, availability of scores, and the need for musical variety, to select music to be performed.
- Study scores to learn the music in detail, and to develop interpretations.
- Position members within groups to obtain balance among instrumental or vocal sections.
- Transcribe musical compositions and melodic lines to adapt them to a particular group, or to create a particular musical style.
- Audition and select performers for musical presentations.
- Meet with soloists to discuss and prepare for performances.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students and administration.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, demonstrations and other appropriate methods for the subject area.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and tests to evaluate students’ progress.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning for all students, including students with individual education plans, using approved curricula.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic needs.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic problems, or special academic interests.
Position Title: Vocal Music Teacher Grades 6-12
Job ID#: 384
Assignment: Middle and High School
Reports to: Building Principals
Date Available: 2021-2022 School Year
How to Apply
Apply online at www.creteschools.org.