Crete Public Schools is seeking applications for a registered school nurse to start August 1. This position works 197 days. Benefits include full family health insurance paid and sick and personal leave.
- At a minimum, must have completed a Registered Nurse course of study at an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience preferred, not required.
- Hold an unrestricted Registered Nurse License valid in the state of Nebraska.
- Comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check.
- Primary responsibilities include on-site health assessment
- Administration of the state’s immunization program
- Continual maintenance of cumulative student health records according to statutory requirements
- Work with children of various ages with varied medical issues
- Take appropriate measures in case of injury, communicable disease symptoms, signs of abuse or other condition which affect the welfare of an individual or group of students
- Provides meaningful communication and educates in areas pertaining to student health
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in a multicultural urban setting
- Demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and awareness of community services
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the Superintendent, Principal or other supervisors.
- Inside and Outside
- Hazards: Exposure to chemicals and solvents.
- Mental Demands: Ability to work under pressure and to meet timelines.
- Physical Demands:
- Continuously (67%+): Standing, sitting
- Frequently (33%-66%): Walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing, lifting 15-25 lbs.
Position Title: Registered Nurse
Job ID#: 1656
Assignment: High School
Reports to: Building Principal and Head Nurse
Work Agreement: 197 days, 8 hours per day
Hourly Pay: Starts at $25.55 and is based on related job experience.