Crete Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the position of preschool teacher for the 2024-2025 school year.
Benefits include paid health insurance, long term disability insurance, and personal and sick leave.
This position is considered open until filled.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Nebraska Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsement
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check
Required Job Tasks:
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects, such as English, mathematics, or social studies.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students’ progress.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Assign lessons and correct homework.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of the State and the school district.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress and to determine priorities for their children and their resource needs.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment or academic problems, or special academic interests.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students’ needs and progress.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Prepare for assigned classes and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisors.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Perform administrative duties such as assisting in school libraries, hall and cafeteria monitoring, and bus loading and unloading.
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests and interpret results to determine student strengths and areas of need.
- Organize and supervise games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, and social development.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
Position Title: Preschool Teacher
Job ID#: 1694
Assignment: Elementary School
Reports to: Building Principal
Date Available: 2024-2025 School Year
Contract: 186 days