Middle School Math Teacher
This teacher will be teaching middle school math for 8th grade students. The position will start with the 2019-20 school year and work with a team of 6 middle school math teachers.
Extra duty opportunities available, but not required with this position.
Essential Job Functions:
1. General teaching and instructional skills
2. Basic operational skills for PC computer
4. Supervise a variety of tasks at the same time
5. No history of child abuse or negligence
6. Good oral and written skills
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects such as English, mathematics, or social studies.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress.
- Assign and grade class work and homework.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic problems, or special academic interests.
Start with the 2019-20 school year.