Crete Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the position of secondary media specialist. This position works at both the High School and Middle School. Benefits include paid health insurance, long term disability insurance, and personal and sick leave.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Nebraska Teaching Certificate with Library Media Specialist endorsement
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check
Related Job Tasks:
- Keep and maintain records of circulation and materials.
- Evaluate and select materials needed to meet both the curricular and individual needs of students, teachers, and administrators who will be using the materials.
- Consistent with established policies, remove outdated or non-functional materials.
- Code and classify library materials based on library classification systems.
- Develop and administer library policies and procedures.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students and administration.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, demonstrations and other appropriate methods for the subject area.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and tests to evaluate students’ progress.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning for all students, including students with individual education plans, using approved curricula.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic needs.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic problems, or special academic interests.
- Regular, dependable in-person attendance on the job
- Perform the identified tasks
- Posses and utilize knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the identified work activities
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Principal.
- Inside and Outside
- Mental Demands: Ability to work under pressure and to meet timelines
- Physical Demands:
- Frequently (34%-66%): Sitting, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, repeating the same hand, arm or finger motion many times, and typing.
- Occasional (up to 33%): Standing, climbing, hand/grip, lifting up yo 10-25 lbs.
Position Title: Media Specialist
Job ID#: 374
Assignment: Middle and High School
Reports to: Building Principals
Date Available: 2021-2022 School Year