Freshman Seminar Teacher
Crete Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the position of freshman seminar teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. This class is designed to help students transition to High School by equipping them with the study and social skills necessary to be successful.
Benefits include paid health insurance, long term disability insurance, and personal and sick leave. This position is open until filled.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Nebraska Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsement
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check
Required Job Tasks:
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students and administration.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, demonstrations and other appropriate methods for the subject area.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning for all students, including students with individual education plans, using approved curricula.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic needs.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic problems, or special academic interests.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication
- Skills in leadership, interpersonal relations, organization, prioritization, problem solving and conflict management, assessment and evaluation.
- Ability to work with students, staff, administration, and parents.
- The essential functions of each employee’s position include: (1) regular, dependable in-person attendance on the job; (2) the ability to perform the identified tasks and to possess and utilize the identified knowledge, skills, and abilities and to perform the identified work activities; and (3) the ability to perform the physical requirements of their specific job description.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Principal.
Position Title: Freshman Seminar Teacher
Job ID#: 414
Assignment: High School
Reports to: Building Principal
Date Available: 2021-2022 School Year
Contract: 186 days