Elementary Teacher Grades K-2
Crete Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the position of elementary teacher for grades K-2 for the 2021-2022 school year. Benefits include paid health insurance, long term disability insurance, and personal and sick leave.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Nebraska Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsement
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication
- Skills in leadership, interpersonal relations, organization, prioritization, problem solving and conflict management, assessment and evaluation
- Ability to work with students, staff, administration, and parents
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment which is conducive to effective learning.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students and administration.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, demonstrations and other appropriate methods for the subject area.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and tests to evaluate student performance, both with written and performance based assignments and assessments.
- Issues grade reports on a periodic basis.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning for all students, including students with individual education plans, using approved curricula.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic needs.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of attendance, absences, tardies, and other information as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Serve as a model for students.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Relates with staff, parents and community through positive professional cooperation.
- Attend staff meetings, conduct parent/teacher conferences, and participate on committees as required.
- Participate in professional growth through an ongoing program of workshops, seminars, conferences, inservices, and/or advance course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Remains current with developments and contemporary interpretations of subject matter and teaching methodology consistent with the professional assignment.
- Undergoes periodic evaluations according to State and Board policy and procedures.
- Follow the policies, regulations, procedures, and expectations established by the Board and administration.
Position Title: Elementary Teacher Grades K-2
Job ID#: 388
Assignment: Elementary School
Reports to: Building Principal
Date Available: 2021-2022 School Year
How to Apply
Apply online at www.creteschools.org.