Director of Drama One-Act Plays
Crete Public Schools is seeking applications for Director of Drama One-Act Plays. The Crete High School One Act performance is held in the first semester of the school year with Conference and District Competitions in November and December. This position follows the extra-duty salary schedule and terms found in the negotiated agreement.
- Must possess a Nebraska Teaching or Coaching Certificate at all times during employment with such endorsements as required by NDE Rule 10.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish trust and rapport with teachers and administrators.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Must possess a motor vehicle operator’s license with a certificate to operate a school vehicle.
- Experience with theatre production preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to react well under pressure, handle and balance multiple demands at one time, work with frequent interruptions, and perform duties and tasks at expected levels of professionalism.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follows and upholds the policies and mission of Crete Public Schools.
- Supports and represents the Crete High School Theater program in a positive manner.
- Creates a safe environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict, maintaining confidentiality, listening to others, keeping emotions under control, remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- Designs and conducts recruitment/outreach programs to attract new theatre participants.
- Teaches acting principles and techniques to individuals and groups and conducts readings to evaluate student’s talent.
- Teaches enunciation, diction, voice development, and dialects, using voice exercises, speech drills, explanation, lectures, and improvisation.
- Discusses and demonstrates vocal and body expression to teach acting styles, character development, and personality projection.
- Produces and directs plays for school and public performances.
- Auditions students to select cast and assign parts.
- Selects script for production.
- Secures and reserves rehearsal and performance facilities with building administration.
- Oversees proper organization and storage of stock theatrical units and school-owned equipment and material on the high school stage, in the auditorium, and in the theatre classroom.
- Establishes performance requirements, enforces academic requirements, and verifies each student’s eligibility to participate in theatre activities.
- Orders all supplies and materials necessary for theatre-related activities in accordance with established district procedures and budget allocations.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of equipment, wardrobe, set materials, etc.
- Plans and uses appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Creates an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Runs publicity and creates program/ticket requirements.
- Supervisory responsibilities include assistant director of drama one-act play, volunteers, and students involved in assigned activities.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Principal.
Position Title: Director of Drama One-Act Plays
Job ID#: 424
Assignment: High School
Reports to: Director of Activities and Building Principal
Evaluation: Performance of this position will be evaluated by the Director of Activities annually
Extra Duty Category: IV
Pay: $3,622.90 – $4,281.62
How to Apply
Apply online at www.creteschools.org