Crete Intermediate Computer Science Teacher (Grades 3-5)
Crete Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the position of computer science teacher for grades 3-5 for the 2022-2023 school year. Benefits include paid health insurance, long term disability insurance, and personal and sick leave. This position is open until filled.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Nebraska Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsement
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check
Required Job Tasks:
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students and administration.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, demonstrations and other appropriate methods for the subject area.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning for all students, including students with individual education plans, using approved curricula.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic needs.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic problems, or special academic interests.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication
- Skills in leadership, interpersonal relations, organization, prioritization, problem solving and conflict management, assessment and evaluation.
- Ability to work with students, staff, administration, and parents.
Position Title: Computer Science Teacher
Job ID#: 514
Assignment: Intermediate School
Reports to: Building Principal
Date Available: 2022-2023 School Year
Contract: 186 days