CCLC Site Coordinator
Crete Public Schools is seeking qualified applications for After School Program Site Coordinator at Crete High School. This is a full-time position within the Cardinal Community Learning Centers (CCLC) after school program. Benefits include paid health insurance, long term disability insurance, and sick and personal leave. This position is open until filled.
The CCLC site coordinator will successfully incorporate the district’s CCLC program vision, goals and objectives into the activities of the site. Creating a safe and nurturing learning environment in which students can thrive will be paramount. The site coordinator will successfully design, develop and manage all program components that lead to positive outcomes for participating children and families. The site coordinator will be supported by, and must work in collaboration, with their assigned CCLC Leader. Finally, the site coordinator will work closely with the building leadership, teachers, and other CCLC staff to create a team that supports everyone involved.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Education, Youth Development, Recreation Management, Business, or a related field preferred, but experience and background may substitute.
- Experience supervising children is preferred.
- Organizational skills.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background check.
- Design and implement programs designed to increase student performance in core academic areas to prepare students for success.
- Coordinate all activities and meet all needs of the program before, during and after school hours.
- Coordinate with Nutrition Services to provide daily snacks to students and ensure those accurate counts are given to avoid snack overage charges.
- Be available during the school day to provide advocacy for students enrolled in the 21st CCLC program.
- Attend campus team meetings and implement academic tutoring and homework time designed to support teachers and increase student academic scores.
- Work with principal and school officials on recruitment efforts and activity planning to ensure alignment with the school day.
- Meet the required state department of education performance measures for student enrollment and attendance.
- Conduct the program needs assessment and develop the program service delivery plan.
- Meet with students, teachers, and parents as necessary to communicate student needs.
- Facilitate strategies for student assessments, student interventions, and determine the best course of action.
- Administer student presession and postsession tests as applicable.
- Gather student and program-level data (ensuring the safety and confidentiality of student information) to include grades, attendance, behavior, referrals, student program participation, staffing, partners, etc.
- Ensure data are entered into the online tracking system within specified timelines throughout the grant period.
- Attend required conferences and training sessions and facilitate training to staff.
- Assist with instructing and supervising students.
- Implement family education programs for families of afterschool students to meet the state department of education performance indicators.
- Recruit staff.
- Cultivate relationships with community partners, and monitor partner participation in the program.
- Assist in budget preparation, budget monitoring, and purchasing of needed supplies and equipment.
- Ensure that team members share the same vision and goals.
- Assist in evaluating staff performance and make recommendations for hiring, discipline, and termination.
- Assist in providing resources and tools for all team members.
- Maintain all site supplies.
- Ensure that students are well-behaved and implement discipline policy when necessary.
- Keep the school staff informed about the program.
- Maintain the safety of the site and students.
- Perform routine first aid and seek assistance for serious illness/injury.
- Design, facilitate, and compile teacher, student, and parent surveys.
- Assist in effectively managing site operations, including timely completion and submission of reports.
Position Title: CCLC Site Coordinator (Afterschool program)
Job ID#: 1668
Assignment: Crete High School
Supervises: Site Program Staff
Reports to: CCLC Director and Team Leader
Date Available: Immediately
Work Agreement: 230 Days
Starting Salary is $40,000 and is based on related job experience.