Academic Coach/Teacher – Creighton Prep
Creighton Prep is currently accepting applications for a full-time student support and faculty position as an academic coach and teacher beginning on August 1, 2024.
Possible courses, programs, and activities include:
- Collaboration with teachers, school counselors, learning specialist, mental health practitioner, student support specialist, parents and administration in caring for students.
- Work with all students, but primarily with those who require additional support in navigating the rigors of a college preparatory curriculum.
- Teach study skills classes for freshmen students who would benefit from additional academic support in their transition to Creighton Prep.
- Coordinate and oversee an afterschool program that provides academic support for struggling students.
- Coaching or moderating teams, clubs, or other extra-curricular activities.
- Bachelor’s degree with preference given to candidates who have graduate degrees in this field
- Valid Nebraska teaching certificate or the ability to obtain one prior to August 2024
- Preference for teachers who have credentials or experience in special education, middle or high school education and curriculum design.
- Experience with and desire to engage in extracurricular activities such as coaching or moderating clubs and activities is highly desirable
- The ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse student and parent population
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues, including teachers, counselors and administrators
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Preference for experience with educational technology, including but not limited to iPads, Canvas and Google Suites
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is based on academic background and teaching experience and is highly competitive with local school districts
- Health insurance, retirement, summer and major holidays breaks
- Opportunity to work with talented and motivated students
- Collaborate with highly collegial, professional, and engaging faculty
- Creighton Prep is a Catholic, Jesuit college preparatory school and the faculty and staff are committed to living out of those values personally and professionally
- Teachers have the resources and autonomy they need to be creative, collaborative, innovative, and focused on their students
Contact InformationCreighton Preparatory School
7400 Western Ave
Omaha, NE 68114
(p) (402) 393-1190