Preschool Associate Teacher
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is a private, not-for-profit organization with the belief that extraordinary employees have the power to positively transform lives and communities. We value people who are passionate, ethical, and dedicated to empowering those living in poverty to reach economic stability.
The successful applicant will:
- Work cooperatively with the Lead Teacher to plan and implement the daily education program for the children.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate classroom activities that will enhance the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of each child.
- Observe, assess and document each assigned child’s health, skills, behavior, growth and development.
- Ensure the education program is developmentally appropriate meeting the individual needs of children as well as program standards.
- In the absence of the Lead Teacher, take responsibility for the management of the classroom.
Minimum of a CDA or enrolled in a CDA program that will be completed within two years OR a minimum of an Associate’s degree in any area or currently enrolled in a program leading to a degree. Minimum of one year experience working with young children and their families in a day care or related setting required.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, genetics, or any other status protected under federal and state law.