Infant/Toddler Teaching Assistant – Part Time/Full Time
Infant/Toddler Teaching Assistant – $1,000 TRAINING INCENTIVE
Do you enjoy about working with young children and want to grow your career in Early Childhood Education? Are you excited about the opportunity to help children and families in a supportive work environment?
Community Action Early Head Start is growing and we are looking for enthusiastic Infant/Toddler Teaching Assistants to join our team! This role will support the Lead Teachers and Associate Teachers by supervising and guiding children in our Infant and Toddler classrooms in our Early Head Start Program. Our Teaching Assistants assist in creating a positive classroom environment to support the needs and development of children. This opportunity can be part time or full time.
We are looking for someone that loves working with young children and is passionate about providing all the resources necessary to positively impact the development of children. Our team members have the unique opportunity to support children and families from at-risk backgrounds reach their goals and achieve success.
Starting Pay: $13.34/hour
- Work with classroom teachers to plan and implement education programs to enhance the development of each child.
- Foster positive relationships with all children in classroom.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of an attractive and stimulating learning environment.
- Communicate with parents about their child’s progress.
- Under the supervision of the lead teacher, observe, assess and document each assigned child’s health, skills, behavior, growth and development.
- Develop effective partnerships with parents/caregivers by regularly sharing information and encouraging parent/caregiver input into all aspects of the learning program.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required.
- One year experience working with young children and their families in a daycare or related setting preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Strong verbal and written proficiencies of the English language and communication skills required.
- Sensitivity to the experiences, needs, and strengths of low-income and diverse populations, and individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to take initiative to continually improve service.
- Knowledge of curriculum, principles and best practices of early childhood education.
- Ability to work independently and with teams to achieve shared program goals.
- Commitment to building relationships with children and families.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Employer-paid life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability coverage.
- Generous Paid Time Off plan and 11 paid holidays.
- 401K with employer match.
- Education Assistance Program for continuing education.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program for federal student loans.
- Extensive opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Engaging work environment with friendly and supportive team members.
- Meaningful work that positive impacts families and children in our community.
About Community Action:
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is a private, not-for-profit organization with the belief that extraordinary employees have the power to positively transform lives and communities. We value people who are passionate, ethical, and dedicated to empowering those living in poverty to reach economic stability.
About Head Start:
Community Action Head Start gives children from at-risk backgrounds opportunities to build the skills they need to be successful in school and life. We work alongside children, families, and the community on the path to success. Services are provided at no cost to families.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, genetics, or any other status protected under federal and state law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Effective January 1, 2022, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in compliance with any federal, state, and local regulations; and contract/funding requirements related to COVID-19 vaccination.
New or prospective employees hired after January 1, 2022, will need to have completed their first dose prior to their start date, and provide documentation of their current vaccination status. Full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA, must be completed no later than 6 weeks after their start date.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Starting Pay: $13.34/hour