Classroom Support Specialist – Part Time
Do you enjoy supporting children and teachers in classroom activities? Do you want to serve as a trusted partner in the classroom to meet the needs of children?
Community Action Head Start is looking for Classroom Support Specialists to provide direct teaching support to our early childhood classrooms. This role assists in providing consistent classroom coverage, implementing designed lesson plans, and working with the classroom team to provide quality educational services.
Starting wage: $16.70/hour
- Teach in designated classrooms on a rotating basis.
- Provide break coverage and classroom coverage as needed.
- Serve as a mentor/model to Associate Teacher and Teaching Assistant
- Work with Lead Teacher and Instructional Coach to maintain communication and be familiar with assigned classroom children’s health, skills, behaviors, growth and development.
- Foster positive relationships with all children in the classroom.
- Assist in implementing developmentally appropriate classroom activities that will enhance the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of each child.
- Develop effective partnerships with parents by encouraging input into all aspects of the educational program.
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood or related field preferred, minimum of a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential.
- Minimum of one year experience working with young children and their families in a childcare program or related setting required.
- Sensitivity to the experiences, needs, and strengths of low-income and diverse populations, and individuals with disabilities.
- Effective English communication skills.
- Ability to work independently to achieve multiple set objectives concurrently under pressure.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Employer-paid life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability coverage.
- Paid Time Off plan and 11 paid holidays.
- 401K with employer match.
- Education Assistance Program for continuing education.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program for federal student loans.
- Extensive opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Engaging work environment with friendly and supportive team members.
- Meaningful work that positively impacts families and children in our community.
About Head Start:
Community Action Head Start gives children from at-risk backgrounds opportunities to build the skills they need to be successful in school and life. We work alongside children, families, and the community on the path to success. Services are provided at no cost to families.
About Community Action:
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is a private, not-for-profit organization with the belief that extraordinary employees have the power to positively transform lives and communities. We value people who are passionate, ethical, and dedicated to empowering those living in poverty to reach economic stability.
Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, marital status, genetics, or any other status protected under federal and state law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Effective January 1, 2022, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in compliance with any federal, state, and local regulations; and contract/funding requirements related to COVID-19 vaccination.
New or prospective employees hired after January 1, 2022, will need to have completed their first dose prior to their start date, and provide documentation of their current vaccination status. Full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA, must be completed no later than 6 weeks after their start date.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Starting wage: $16.70/hour