JOB TITLE: KINDERGARTEN TEACHER
A. Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
B. Certification or Licensure: Nebraska teaching certificate; appropriate endorsements.
C. Experience Desired: Minimum of successful student teaching experience
D. Other Requirements: Knowledge of curriculum and effective teaching methods
- Implements Board Policy regarding education philosophy/curriculum under the direction of the administration through planning, organizing, managing, interacting with students; establishing rapport with students, staff, parents, and community; and continuing professional development.
- Plans instructional objectives and activities consistent with curriculum guides.
- Directs and supervises learning activities.
- Implements the disciplinary procedures of the District.
- Supervises behavior in the school environment to maintain the safety and well being of the students and staff.
- Keeps accurate records of attendance, absences and tardies.
- Selects material suitable to the educational objectives.
- Utilizes a variety of analytical and evaluative techniques suitable to the curriculum content.
- Communicates a positive support of the students in their educational development.
- Recognizes the exemplary influence of the educator over the students.
- Supervises playground, cafeteria, halls, on a scheduled basis.
- Relates with staff, parents and community through positive professional cooperation.
- Suggests positive recommendations for the continuing review and development of curriculum.
- Remains current with developments and contemporary interpretations of subject matter and teaching methodology consistent with the professional assignment.
- Actively participates at scheduled staff meetings and serves on educational committees.
- Assumes responsibility periodically for conferences with parents.
- Performs other duties within the scope of employment and certification as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
- Issues grade reports on a periodic basis.
- Undergoes periodic evaluations according to State and Board policy and procedures.
Salary is determined by experience and education.