Special Education Teacher – Elementary
Centura Public Schools is currently accepting applications for a full-time elementary special education teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
Centura Public Schools is a PK-12 C-2 district located in Central Nebraska, approximately 20 miles from Grand Island, NE. The school was consolidated in 1967 and is located five miles from Boelus, Cairo, and Dannebrog, NE. Centura and its collaborative partners are an innovative community. We have high expectations for our school and community, and we empower all students to be successful. The Board of Education, Administration, Teachers and Non-certified staff provide a family-like culture of positivity and excellence.
Examples of Work:
- Develop and implement both group and individual lesson plans for daily learning experiences
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by laws, policies, and regulations.
- Instructs students utilizing a variety of classroom methods, adapting methodology and instructional materials to meet student needs, abilities, and IEPs.
- Establishes and implements behavioral protocols; observes and evaluates student behavior, performance, social development, and physical health.
- Maintain professional communication with administration and facility administrators and leaders
-Current Nebraska Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Special Education
-Experience with IEP writing and implementation highly preferred
-Student centered and team oriented
Coaching and sponsorship assignments available. Salary will be determined according to placement on the salary schedule. Anticipated start date of August 2021.