Positions: Early Childhood Paras, Child Development Center
Status: Full-time & part-time
Reports to: Child Development Center Director
Location: Randolph, Nebraska
Position Purpose: The Cardinal Kids Learning Center is hiring for full-time and part-time para positions to start in the Fall 2019. These positions will require innovative, compassionate, highly motivated, and complex thinkers, willing to make a difference in our community. The paras will be supported by a Director who understands the needs of children, families, and the surrounding community. These positions will provide incredible opportunities to work in a center that will likely become a model for best practices in rural early childhood development.
About The Cardinal Kids Learning Center: The Cardinal Kids Learning Center is a one-of-a-kind, non-profit program created to serve ALL children 6 weeks to 5 years of age. The program will offer first class childcare and education services to families in Randolph and the surrounding areas. Open year-round, Monday-Friday, services will include child care, infant & toddler socializations, and 3 year old preschool 3 days a week . These services will be offered in a newly constructed state-of-the-art facility designed around children’s educational and social needs. Construction of the facility is underway and is scheduled for completion in the Winter of 2017. Erected in the Randolph Public School Elementary building, the program will provide innumerable opportunities for dual-generational interactions and partnerships.
About Randolph: Located just 27 miles north of Norfolk and 39 minutes south of Yankton, Randolph is a small yet thriving town thanks to agribusiness and is known as the Honey Capital of the World. Professionals moving to the area will find affordable housing, a great place to raise children, and unique opportunities t0 become community leaders in an active and supportive environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
● Create positive learning environments based on child-directed learning to meet the unique needs of each child.
● Develop strategies to guide constructive behavior in children.
● Build positive, open communication with children, families, staff and the community.
● Promote a strong educational component for parents and families.
● Utilize Creative Curriculum and GOLD Assessment Instrument which includes observing and recording children’s growth, development, and behavior using electronic portfolios.
● Ensure the learning environment is nurturing, stimulating, clean, hygienic, and safe.
● Undertake administrative tasks as required.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
● A Bachelor of Science degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education is preferred, although an Associate Degree with intent to earn a Bachelor degree will be considered.
● Experience in the field of early childhood care and education is preferred.
● Experience working with children from birth to age 5, children with disabilities, and children/families from various socio-economic levels and cultural backgrounds is preferred.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Good computer literacy.
● A divergent thinker who is comfortable learning new research based methods related to child development.
● Passionate about the difference that high-quality services can provide for children and families.
● An understanding of the importance of early brain development.
● A strong belief in child-centered, experiential learning, and the ability to interact with children and families while maintaining this philosophy.
● CKLC will help staff acquire the necessary health and safety training as required by Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the National Association of the Education of Young Children. All staff must be willing to stay current with health and safety training, as well as continued in-services and coursework in child development.
Salary and Benefits: These full-time and part-time positions will be compensated with excellent wages and benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, send or e-mail cover letter, résumé, teaching certificate and three professional references to:
The Cardinal Kids Learning Center
Attn: Melissa Campbell/Director
P.O. Box 355
Randolph, NE 68771
DEADLINE: These position will remain open until filled.