Early Childhood Para
Positions: Early Childhood Paras, Child Development Center
Reports to: Child Development Center Director
Location: Randolph, Nebraska
Position Purpose: The Cardinal Kids Learning Center is hiring for part-time para positions to start immediately. These positions will require innovative, compassionate, highly motivated, and complex thinkers, willing to make a difference in our community. The paras and teachers will be supported by a Director who understands the needs of children, families, and the surrounding community. This positions provides an incredible opportunity to work in a center that is a model for best practices in rural early childhood development.
About The Cardinal Kids Learning Center: The Cardinal Kids Learning Center is a one-of-a-kind, non-profit program created to serve ALL children 6 weeks to 5 years of age. The program offers first class childcare and education services to families in Randolph and the surrounding areas. Open year-round, Monday-Friday, services include child care, infant & toddler socializations, and 3 year old preschool 3 days a week . Our program is in a newly constructed state-of-the-art facility designed around children’s educational and social needs.
About Randolph: Located just 27 miles north of Norfolk and 39 minutes south of Yankton, Randolph is a small yet thriving town thanks to agribusiness and is known as the Honey Capital of the World.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
● Create positive learning environments based on child-directed learning to meet the unique needs of each child.
● Develop strategies to guide constructive behavior in children.
● Build positive, open communication with children, families, staff and the community.
● Promote a strong educational component for parents and families.
● Utilize Creative Curriculum and GOLD Assessment Instrument which includes observing and recording children’s growth, development, and behavior using electronic portfolios.
● Ensure the learning environment is nurturing, stimulating, clean, hygienic, and safe.
● Must be able to work in the afternoons.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
● A degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education is preferred, but not required.
● Experience in the field of early childhood care and education is preferred.
● Experience working with children from birth to age 5, children with disabilities, and children/families from various socio-economic levels and cultural backgrounds is preferred.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Good computer literacy.
● A divergent thinker who is comfortable learning new research based methods related to child development.
● Passionate about the difference that high-quality services can provide for children and families.
● An understanding of the importance of early brain development.
● A strong belief in child-centered, experiential learning, and the ability to interact with children and families while maintaining this philosophy.
● CKLC will help staff acquire the necessary health and safety training as required by Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the National Association of the Education of Young Children. All staff must be willing to stay current with health and safety training, as well as continued in-services and coursework in child development. All staff will be required to complete a background check and fingerprinting upon hire.
Looking for applicants to start immediately upon hire. Must be able to work a few afternoons a week until 5:00 or 6:00 P.M.