Extended Care Teacher/Assistant
Reporting to the Director of Auxiliary Programs, the extended care teacher/assistant is responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of each child enrolled in Brownell Talbot’s Extended Care Program while assisting with the planning, preparing, and delivery of activities, which meet the student’s individual developmental needs.
An Extended Care Teacher/Assistant must:
✓ Be at least 19 years of age
✓ Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
✓ Have at least 1 year experience working with children in organized group activities and/or a certificate in early childhood education, or successful completion of an education-early education degree or currently working towards the completion of one.
✓ Submit to various background checks including those mandated by DHHS and Brownell Talbot
Responsibilities and Duties
Including, but not limited to the following:
● Engage children in activities and play that stimulates their development
● Appropriately supervise children while keeping them safe at all times.
● Implement lesson plans/ activities provided by the Director.
● Assist with the planning and implementation of the daily program under the supervision of the Director.
● Maintain a positive classroom environment that is also clean, organized and safe for all children.
● Establish a professional level of rapport with each family in order to provide quality care and friendly service.
● Manage a group of children utilizing appropriate classroom management techniques.
● Serve provided snacks, supervise, and clean up the eating area afterwards.
● Interact with parents daily.
● Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of Brownell Talbot at all times.
● Complete 6 hours of required training yearly
Work hours vary and may include some hours outside the normal 2-6 pm after school hours.
$12-14 per hour