Summer Youth Supervisor
Overview of Job
As a Summer Youth Supervisor, you will receive hands-on experience supervising and working with our at-risk youth. You will interact directly with the youth, giving them instructions and correcting their behaviors while providing them with supervision and positive role modeling. If you are looking for a rewarding part-time summer opportunity, can face challenges in a positive and calming matter and are a leader who can motivate, inspire and provide structure to our youth – apply today!
This position can be considered an internship through several colleges, and the supervisor will sign off on hours. With the position being a temporary, seasonal position, all Summer Youth Supervisors are expected to have exceptional attendance and there is very limited availability for time off.
· 20 years of age or older (accepting 19 years of age if birthday falls within 3 months of program dates)
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Able to work outdoors and supervise up to 10 youth
· Provide leadership and supervision in a group setting
· Must pass a drug screen, background check and TB screen
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Mandatory Paid Training Dates
· Tuesday, 5/28/2019 (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
· Wednesday, 5/29/2019 (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
· Thursday, 5/30/2019 (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
· Friday, 05/31/2019 (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
· Monday, 6/03/2019 (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, 6/04/2019 – Friday, 8/02/2019
· Monday – Thursday (11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
· Friday (8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
No Nights or Weekends
(These hours may vary slightly as there are different shift opportunities)