December 14, 2018
Closing Date: Open until filled
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day? Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
- The Substitute Teacher delivers a balanced program of instruction to a class when the assigned instructor is unavailable.
- Instructs students during the absence of the assigned teacher.
- Implements both group and individual lesson plans for instructional experiences for students in accordance with established curriculum.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by laws, policies, and regulations.
- Instructs students utilizing a variety of classroom methods, adapting methodology and instructional materials to meet student needs, abilities, and IEPs.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework as needed and may administer and grades tests.
- Implements behavioral protocols; observes and evaluates student behavior, performance, social development, and physical health.
- Maintains positive professional communications with parents, guardians, administration, and colleagues regarding progress and concerns.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan’s Boys’ Home mission.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- A current Nebraska Teaching Certificate or Nebraska Substitute Teacher Certificate is required; Special Education endorsement preferred. A Local Substitute Teacher Certificate with stipulations may be acceptable as occasions permit.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
- Properly endorsed and certificated
- Previous classroom teaching experience in the field preferred
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
(Start date for training will begin January 21st, 2019)