Business: Boys Town
In a career as an Science Teacher you provide students with the opportunity they have been waiting for. Someone to believe in their education. Youth come here from all across the country. Urban neighborhoods, overcome by gang violence and rural towns torn apart by drug addiction, lacking many of the advantages other students take for granted. Yet here they are, poised to one day walk across that stage, receive their diploma and enter adulthood armed with the skills and confidence to realize their potential. Their potential happens because of you.
Schedule: 7:45AM-3:45PM, School-Year Position
- Develops and implements both group and individual lesson plans for daily, quarter, semester, and year-long periods planning instructional experiences for students in accordance with established curriculum.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by laws, policies, and regulations.
- Instructs students utilizing a variety of classroom methods, adapting methodology and instructional materials to meet student needs, abilities, and IEPs.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework; prepares, administers, and grades tests.
- Establishes and implements behavioral protocols; observes and evaluates student behavior, performance, social development, and physical health.
- Supports school-related extracurricular activities.
- Maintains positive professional communications with parents, guardians, administration, and colleagues regarding progress and concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
- A current Nebraska Teaching Certificate (or ability to obtain one per Rule 21) endorsed in appropriate subject is required (Science 7-12); Special Education endorsement preferred.
- Properly endorsed and certificated
- Previous classroom teaching experience in the field preferred
- Knowledge of state policies, statutes, and procedures on education and regulations of Nebraska.
About Boys Town Nebraska:
A National Historic Landmark since 1985, the Village of Boys Town is now the only National Historic Landmark District in Nebraska. At any given time, about 400 boys and girls live in the Village, receiving care and guidance for a wide range of behavioral, emotional and academic issues. When Father Edward J. Flanagan purchased the Overlook Farm in 1921, it became the new, permanent site of Boys Town. Over the decades that followed, schools, churches and homes were built, and tens of thousands of young lives were transformed.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: August 20, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.