The Recreation Aide facilitates youth recreational activities by supervising, participating, or teaching.
Schedule: Part Time position will include two or three nights from 6:00pm-9:00pm per week, plus either a Saturday or Sunday from 3:00pm-9:00pm. Additional hours will be available both morning/evenings for athletic and special events.
- Assists in developing plans and activities to ensure smooth operations and programs for the Recreation Department.
- Attends scheduled program hours and devotes time to direct interaction and supervision with the youth and Boys Town employees, guests, and visitors.
- Assists in developing and implementing programs with skill building activities designed to increase self-esteem and confidence of youth, and recruits youth for activities.
- Assists in developing plans and activities, maintains accurate program records, and assists with athletic events.
- Coordinates and sets up equipment needed to implement and facilitate programs.
- Uses the Boys Town Model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills; implements the Social Skills Curriculum.
- May act as a lifeguard or perform pool maintenance if required.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan’s Boys’ Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
- Knowledge of recreational activities, equipment, and safe practices.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
- Knowledge of the Boys Town Model.
- High school diploma or equivalent; must be a minimum of 19 years of age.
- Recreational, athletic, or supervisory experience preferred.
- CPR – First Aid – AED Certified
- State of NE Pool Operator’s License (or equivalent national license) required for some positions; Lifeguard Certification required for some positions.
Work is typically in a normal educational school administrative, gymnasium, pool (including chemicals), or outdoor environment but may be performed in a variety of environments ranging from highly stressful and potentially aggressive (physical interventions, escorts, etc.) to casual and leisurely, in both indoor and outdoor settings and may be subject to outside weather conditions occasionally. Includes constant interruptions, inappropriate behaviors, and the potential for verbal and physical threats from youth.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Part time position looking to start immediately!