Job Title: Paraprofessional – Boys Town Day School
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
- Monday-Friday, 7:45am-3:45am
- 10-month position (190 day contract)
- Provides general assistance and support to teachers.
- Assists teachers with both instructional and behavioral management duties and with the implementation of the Boys Town Education model.
- Attends in-service workshops and training programs to improve knowledge and skills.
- Conducts follow-up lessons that are initiated by teachers.
- Provides students with assistance on in-class work, with feedback on graded work, and with corrections to class work.
- Assists teachers in preparing student assignments, in grading student work, and when teaching to large groups of students.
- Supervises students during non-instructional periods.
- Demonstrates concern and respect for individual students and assumes responsibility for the academic and social skills growth of each student.
- Cares for student health and well-being during the school day and serves as a role model by exhibiting skills taught in the school program.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience, preferably in a school or youth care environment.
- Ability to successfully teach and present material to students.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Boys Town Model.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
About the Village of Boys Town:
A National Historic Landmark since 1985, the Village of Boys Town is now the only National Historic Landmark District in Nebraska. At any given time, about 400 boys and girls live in the Village, receiving care and guidance for a wide range of behavioral, emotional and academic issues. When Father Edward J. Flanagan purchased the Overlook Farm in 1921, it became the new, permanent site of Boys Town. Over the decades that followed, schools, churches and homes were built, and tens of thousands of young lives were transformed.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted: October 24, 2019
Job ID: 14505
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.