Job Title: Paraprofessional
Location: Duncan, Nebraska
In a career as a Behavioral Interventionist, you will assist with instructional and behavioral management of youth in school, under the supervision of a certificated staff member.
- Provides general assistance and support to teachers.
- Assists teachers with both instructional and behavioral management duties and with the implementation of the Boys Town Education model.
- Attends in-service workshops and training programs to improve knowledge and skills.
- Conducts follow-up lessons that are initiated by teachers.
- Provides students with assistance on in-class work, with feedback on graded work, and with corrections to class work.
- Assists teachers in preparing student assignments, in grading student work, and when teaching to large groups of students.
- Supervises students during non-instructional periods.
- Demonstrates concern and respect for individual students and assumes responsibility for the academic and social skills growth of each student.
- Cares for student health and well-being during the school day and serves as a role model by exhibiting skills taught in the school program.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience, preferably in a school or youth care environment.
- Ability to successfully teach and present material to students.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Boys Town Model.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted: 6/25/2019
Job ID: 13811
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.