Hiring Bonus: $1500
Business: Boys Town
The Paraprofessional assists with instructional and behavioral management of youth in school, under the supervision of a certificated staff member.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Provides general assistance and support to teachers.
- Assists teachers with both instructional and behavioral management duties and with the implementation of the Boys Town Education model.
- Attends in-service workshops and training programs to improve knowledge and skills.
- Conducts follow-up lessons that are initiated by teachers.
- Provides students with assistance on in-class work, with feedback on graded work, and with corrections to class work.
- Assists teachers in preparing student assignments, in grading student work, and when teaching to large groups of students.
- Supervises students during non-instructional periods.
- Demonstrates concern and respect for individual students and assumes responsibility for the academic and social skills growth of each student.
- Cares for student health and well-being during the school day and serves as a role model by exhibiting skills taught in the school program.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan’s Boys’ Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to successfully teach and present material to students.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Boys Town Model.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience, preferably in a school or youth care environment.