Intervention & Assessment Program Teacher
Job Title: Intervention & Assessment Program Teacher
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
- Monday-Friday, 7:45am-3:45am
- 12-month position
- Plans and organizes basic classroom instructional experiences, individualizing the instructional program to meet the social and academic needs of each student.
- Teaches basic skills to students.
- Incorporates social skills instruction into learning activities.
- Develops an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for each student.
- Assumes major responsibilities for the academic and social growth and development of each student.
- Demonstrates concern and respect for individual students.
- Evaluates and reports individual student progress to staff.
- Communicates with other professionals including administrators, counselors, and teachers regarding individual student needs and progress.
- Bachelor\’s degree from an accredited school
- Properly endorsed and certificated
- Valid Teaching Certificate in state where teaching preferably in Reading, English, or Special Education.
- Prior classroom and teaching experience with at-risk students is preferred
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Knowledgeable of current curriculum trends, learning styles, and stages of growth and learning.
- Ability to stay positive and to motivate and teach disinterested students.
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
- Strong knowledge of Boys Town Model.
About the Village of Boys Town:
A National Historic Landmark since 1985, the Village of Boys Town is now the only National Historic Landmark District in Nebraska. At any given time, about 400 boys and girls live in the Village, receiving care and guidance for a wide range of behavioral, emotional and academic issues. When Father Edward J. Flanagan purchased the Overlook Farm in 1921, it became the new, permanent site of Boys Town. Over the decades that followed, schools, churches and homes were built, and tens of thousands of young lives were transformed.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town\’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted: October 24, 2019
Job ID: 14506
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
American Sign Language
English as a Second Language
Family and Consumer Sciences
High Ability Education
Start Date: January 2, 2020
How to Apply
Please apply online at jhttps://jobs.boystown.org/job/omaha/intervention-and-assessment-program-teacher/197/13883239” target=”_blank” title=”https://jobs.boystown.org/job/omaha/intervention-and-assessment-program-teacher/197/13883239\"”>https://jobs.boystown.org/job/omaha/intervention-and-assessment-program-teacher/197/13883239“>https://jobs.boystown.org/job/omaha/intervention-and-assessment-program-teacher/197/13883239\"”>https://jobs.boystown.org/job/omaha/intervention-and-assessment-program-teacher/197/13883239