Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
- Teaches secondary school level mathematics.
- Develops and implements both group and individual lesson plans for daily, quarter, semester, and year-long periods planning instructional experiences for students in accordance with established curriculum.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by laws, policies, and regulations.
- Instructs students utilizing a variety of classroom methods, adapting methodology and instructional materials to meet student needs, abilities, and IEPs.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework; prepares, administers, and grades tests.
- Establishes and implements behavioral protocols; observes and evaluates student behavior, performance, social development, and physical health.
- Supports school-related extracurricular activities.
- Maintains positive professional communications with parents, guardians, administration, and colleagues regarding progress and concerns.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan’s Boys’ Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
- A current Nebraska Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Mathematics is required; Special Education endorsement preferred.
- Previous classroom teaching experience in the field preferred
- Knowledge of state policies, statutes, and procedures on education and regulations of Nebraska.
- Ability to deliver instruction in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to modify or adapt general education curriculum.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional competence via in-service education, self-selected professional education, and curriculum development.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the use of a behavioral approach to motivate student learning.
- Ability to demonstrate concern and respect for individual students.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.