Business: Boys Town
Location: Boys Town Central Nebraska
Status: Full-time, school year position (August-May)
Schedule: 7:30am-3:30PM or 8:00am-4:00pm
In a career as a Behavioral Interventionist, you join a team that is changing the lives of youth and families every day. In this role, you will provide administrative intervention for students with behavioral problems and ensure school safety.
- Receives students from classrooms or office whenever necessary to address behavioral or attendance problems and de-escalates inappropriate behavior utilizing prescribed administrative intervention procedures.
- Supervises hallways and areas of student movement during class breaks and before and after school; supervises in-school suspension, mediation essays, and other office consequences.
- Ensures safety by coordinating the repair of faulty equipment and facilities with the Maintenance Department and supervising fire drills and other school emergency procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for the academic and social skills growth of each student; cares for student health and well-being during the school day.
- Monitors student progress, oversees field trips, and provides positive reinforcement to students to foster and maintain improvements in behavior.
- Communicates with other professionals regarding individual student needs and progress; provides consultation to Family-Teachers, parents or guardians, and school staff regarding student behavior and consequences.
- Prepares quarterly reports for homework and office referrals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience including experience with learning disabled or behaviorally impaired learners.
- Ability to successfully teach and present behavior skills and material to students.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Boys Town Model.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
About Boys Town Central Nebraska:
Boys Town’s programs in Central Nebraska began in 1989 to help bring effective care to children and families. The site provides four important levels of service to youth and families across the Central Nebraska region that include Foster Family Services, In-Home Family Services and a Behavioral Health Clinic. For children who are struggling in mainstream schools, the Boys Town Day School in Duncan is also a service offered.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Central Nebraska. As far as work culture, we celebrate being actively involved with our communities. Every year, our team comes together for events that take place in Central Nebraska such as Harvest of Harmony, Children’s Day, All Hollow’s Eve, For the Love of Children, Project Connect, Child Abuse Awareness Month and Fantasy of Trees.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: May 26, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.