Elementary Reading Specialist
Bennington Public Schools
Reading Specialist Teacher Job Description
This is an Addendum to the general Teacher Job Description specific to this teacher position. The general Teacher Job Description also applies to this teaching position except to the extent the information set forth in this Addendum is directly contrary to the general Teacher Job Description.
A. Additional Education, Certification or Licensure Requirements:
Preferred Endorsement: Reading Specialist Endorsement or Reading and Writing Endorsement. Preferred Education for a Reading Specialist includes an emphasis on the content and instruction of reading and/or literacy.
B. Additional Performance Responsibilities and Job Tasks:
- Maintain strong understanding of reading instruction.
- Assist in the organization and coordination of the district reading benchmark system and other standardized testing.
- Screen students to establish proper reading levels.
- Identify students needing special reading instruction based on district standards.
- Develop a balanced schedule to provide needed services to identified students.
- Provide diagnostic, prescriptive and evaluative services for identified students.
- Provide individual and small group instruction for identified students.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers as a resource in the area of reading instruction.
- Give demonstration lessons in the teaching of reading as requested or required.
- Provide professional learning opportunities in reading for staff members.
- Serve as a team member for building-level Problem Solving Teams (PST).
- Assists in the establishment and development of district reading curriculum.
- Provides reading resources for teachers and parents.
- Attend regularly scheduled and other announced meetings.
Bennington Public Schools, a growing district with progressive educational programs, has the following position available for the 2021-22 school year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants MUST apply to our website at https://benningtonschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx