Bus Driver Full Time/ Part Time
BENNINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
JOB TITLE: Bus Driver – Route/Activity
- Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent preferred – experience in transportation will be considered in lieu of HS diploma
- Certification: Valid NE school bus driver’s license
Successfully pass medical physical as prescribed by law
- Experience Desired: Previous bus driving or commercial driving
- Attendance: Performance of this position requires attendance during route time frames. Hours may be adjusted for regular and activity routes.
- Other Requirements: Cooperative and flexible; pleasant personality; ability to communicate with staff, students and public; appropriate dress and appearance.
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
RECEIVES GUIDANCE FROM: Transportation Director
EVALUATED BY: Transportation Director
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To maintain and promote the safe handling of school bus transportation vehicles and the safe transportation of students & staff, the bus driver will:
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Observe all mandatory school bus safety regulations.
- Maintain discipline when students are on the bus.
- Report behavior incidents to the Transportation Director and/or Principal.
- Maintain a clean vehicle on a daily basis.
- Keep the assigned time schedule for normal, daily routes and special activity trips.
- Check the vehicle for mechanical and tire defects before each operation.
- Follow bus routes as outlined/developed by the Transportation Director.
- Notify the Transportation Director and/or District Mechanic immediately, in writing, of any vehicle mechanical defect or failure.
- Deliver passengers at authorized stops.
- Assume and exercise responsible leadership on in-district and out-of-district trips.
- Transport only authorized riders.
- Report and submit all documents relating to accidents and incidents to the proper authorities (Transportation Director, law enforcement officials, insurances representatives, school administrators, parents/guardians).
- Enforce all rules and regulations regarding bus rider behavior.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation Director or Administration.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation and work year to be established by the Board upon recommendation of the Administration.
Bennington Public Schools, a growing district with progressive educational programs, has the following position available for the 2020-21 school year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants MUST apply to our website at https://benningtonschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx