Full Job Description
Building Services Job Description
POSITION: Building Evening Maintenance
Full-Time – 12 months per year
Approximate Shift Time: Tuesday – Friday, 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm, Saturdays (flexible) 8:00 am-4:30 pm
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of District Operations and Transportation
– High School Diploma or equivalent.
– Ability to climb ladders to a distance of 30 feet or more.
– Ability to lift, move and reposition objects and materials-frequently exerting force equal to lifting fifty (50) pounds.
– Ability to perform skilled tasks in the repair of building fixtures, furniture, mechanical devices, mechanical systems.
– Understanding of heating and cooling systems.
– Ability to work with or without supervision, follow directions, operate work order system, etc.
– Must be flexible, and willing to adjust quickly to the changing demands of a busy rural/urban school district.
– Must work well with the public, staff, students, supervisors, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Security of the building: locking/unlocking, arming/disarming access controls.
-Responding to security and fire alarms at various locations during assigned shifts.
-Setting up, taking down various school activities, functions, and community events. Handle and move equipment and/or supplies.
-Responsible for the overall cleanliness, appearance, and/or maintenance of assigned work areas.
-Cleaning (custodial) duties as assigned.
-Conducts periodic inspections and tests.
-Snow removal and grounds care.
-Maintain accurate prevention maintenance records.
-Report all emergency and problems, maintenance, and safety concerns, according to policy and procedures.
– Mechanical systems operation repair and preventative maintenance, including but not limited to: chemical water treatment, chillers, package A/C units, water heaters, pumps, tanks, motors, filters, traps, thermostats & related piping, lighting fixture repairs and installation, electrical repairs, plumbing, repairs, and installation or modification for all of the above.
-All other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8-hour shift
- Tuesday – Friday Evenings 3:00 pm-11:00 pm, Saturday (flexible) 8:00 am-4:30 pm
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- A/C, heating, and refrigeration operation: 1-2 years (Preferred)
- Building and grounds maintenance: 1-2 years (Preferred)
- Home location at Bennington High School