Speech Language Pathologist
The Aurora Public School District is currently accepting applications for two PK-12 Speech Language Pathologists for the 2021-22 school year. Candidates must hold, or be able to obtain, Nebraska Department of Education Teacher Certification with proper endorsement in Speech Pathology Pk-12. The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for the overall development, coordination, implementation and delivery of speech and language services to students PK-12. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Provide speech, language, fluency, voice, articulation, and other related services to students
- Process referrals and conduct student evaluations and assessments
- Conduct, participate, and provide input at MDT, IEP, and 504 meetings
- Create and facilitate individual and/or group programs to promote effective communication
- Make appropriate referrals to outside resources
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, and staff
- Collect and analyze data to evaluate effectiveness of speech and language services
- Maintain student records
- Provide related services to students
*Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Aurora Public School District, located in Central Nebraska, is a proud Class B school district serving the Aurora and surrounding communities. The Aurora Public School District provides learning opportunities for all learners in academics, social interactions, and extra-curricular activities. The District enjoys a strong tradition of academic and extracurricular excellence with strong parent and community involvement. Aurora is located along Interstate 80, 25 miles from Grand Island, 60 miles from Lincoln, and 120 miles from Omaha.
How to Apply
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and position will remain open until filled. Position will begin August 1, 2021, with orientation during June and July, 2021. Interested applicants should send cover letter, application, resume, and credentials to: Mr. Jeff Sutter, Aurora High School, 300 L St., Aurora, NE 68818, or firstname.lastname@example.org.