Elementary Teacher (K-5)
The Aurora Public School District is currently accepting applications for an Elementary Teacher for the 2022-23 school year. Candidates must hold, or be able to obtain, Nebraska Department of Education Teacher Certification with proper endorsement in Elementary K-6. The Elementary Teacher is responsible for the overall planning and delivery of the general education curriculum to students. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Plan and deliver instruction using best teaching and learning practices in multiple subjects, such as English/Language Arts, Math, Reading, Science, Social Studies
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and classroom management
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations
- Plan and prepare materials and classroom for class activities
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to communicate student progress and resolve students’ behavioral and academic issues
- Serve on building, district, and/or community committees as assigned by administration
- Provide for the overall supervision of students in the classroom, in/on other district property, and off site during school sponsored activities
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies
- Meet all appropriate timelines and deadlines with all required tasks, as established by building, district, state, and federal agencies
*Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Aurora Public School District, located in Central Nebraska, is a proud, progressive school district serving the Aurora and surrounding communities. The Aurora Public School District provides learning opportunities for all learners in academics, social interactions, and extra-curricular activities. The District enjoys a strong tradition of academic and extracurricular excellence with strong parent and community involvement. Aurora is located along Interstate 80, 25 miles from Grand Island, 60 miles from Lincoln, and 120 miles from Omaha.
How to Apply
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and position will remain open until filled. Position will begin August 1, 2022. Interested applicants should send cover letter, application, resume, and credentials to: Mr. Mark Standage, Aurora Elementary School, 300 L St., Aurora, NE 68818, or firstname.lastname@example.org.