Alpha School is accepting applications for an Education Specialist – Lead Teacher position. This is a contract position, but you are paid year-round. We are hiring for the 2021/2022 school year!
Our Uncompromising Mission: Helping students with behavioral/emotional conditions who have been unable to maintain traditional school placement. We achieve this through an integration of behavioral and academic instruction. Our goal for each student is to successfully transition to a less restrictive placement.
About Us: For over 40 years, Alpha School has offered services for students in southeast Nebraska and Western Iowa who have not been successful in their public school system. We provide the necessary structure and consistency to encourage students ranging from 5 to 21 years of age towards the path of making positive choices. Our approach addresses the behavioral, emotional, and learning difficulties of students while supporting their educational needs.
Job Summary: The Educational Specialist – Lead Teacher assists in the supervision of classrooms and assists in the development and implementation of individual and group programs. This position is required to teach in all academic areas as deemed appropriate by the Program Director.
· Develop, teach, and monitor student’s academic programs
· Monitor and supervisor students both inside and outside the classroom
· Record behaviors on the Point Sheets using prescribed point fines and awards
· Monitor, track, and record student progress on the level system
· Develop and implement Goal Agreements and Contingency Contracts with students in accordance with the Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
· Work with Education Program Specialists to provide personal growth skills development programs for students
· Attend and participate in meetings (Staff, teacher-parent, ad hoc, planning meetings, IEP, etc.)
· Maintain contact with parents, guardians, and collaterals including collaborating with other professionals who are working with the same students
· Coordinate student transition back to a less restrictive setting
· Conduct classroom team observations (minimum of 4 per school year)
· Drive agency van to transport students when needed
For the success of the position, we require the following:
· Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields: Special Education, Learning Disabled, Psychology, or related human services field
· Current Nebraska Teaching certificate
· Minimum of two (2) years experience working with severely emotionally and behaviorally disturbed children
· Must have a valid Nebraska or Iowa Driver’s License
· Clean driving record with State required car insurance
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 5 years
- No DUIs, DWIs within last 5 years
- Successfully complete drug screen & physical (including 75lb lift)
- Professionalism & Positive Attitude
- Ability to clearly, effectively and consistently communicate orally and in writing with staff, parents, students, and collaterals
- Ability to carry out behavioral and educational data tracking and measurement in accurate, objective, and consistent manner
- Ability to establish, understand, and consistently teach/implement the IEPs
Why you want to work for Alpha School:
- Rewarding career where you make an impact in the classroom
- 100% company-paid medical & dental insurance with an HRA
- Year-Round Contract – you get paid through the summer months!
- Pension & Retirement programs
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
Salary starting at $41,500.00 with GREAT benefits!
Start Date: 7/26/2021 if possible. This is a contract position, but you are paid year-round.