Alpha School is accepting applications for an Educational Program Specialist/Assistant Teacher position. This is a contract position, but you are paid year-round. We are hiring for the 2021/2022 school year!
About Us: For over 40 years, Alpha School has offered services for students in southeast Nebraska and Western Iowa who have not been successful in their public school system. We provide the necessary structure and consistency to encourage students ranging from 5 to 21 years of age towards the path of making positive choices. Our approach addresses the behavioral, emotional, and learning difficulties of students while supporting their educational needs.
Job Summary: The Education Program Specialist/Assistant Teacher assists in the development and implementation of individual and group behavior management programs, curricular programs, recreational programs, vocational programs, and other programs necessary for the treatment and education of students. This position is responsible for both direct and support services. This role has primary responsibility for the implementation of personal growth programs.
· Implement and monitor student’s academic programs
· Document students’ behavioral and academic progress
· Record behaviors on the Point Sheets using prescribed point fines and awards
· Monitor, track, and record student progress on the level system
· Develop and implement Goal Agreements and Contingency Contracts with students in accordance with the Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
· Review and correct student assignments recording academic and personal growth grades
· Teach personal growth curriculum in classroom
· Conduct Time After School (TAS)
· Attend and participate in meetings (Staff, teacher-parent, ad hoc, planning meetings, IEP, etc.)
· Work with Teacher/Educational Specialists to maintain contact with parents, guardians, and collaterals
· Drive agency van to transport students when needed
For the success of the position, we require the following:
· Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields: Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, or related human services preferred
· Possess and maintain certification concerning the identification of abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse of children and be knowledgeable of state’s reporting requirements.
· Two (2) years’ experience with behaviorally impaired and emotionally disturbed children preferred
· Must have a valid Nebraska or Iowa Driver’s License
· Clean driving record with State required car insurance
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 5 years
- No DUIs, DWIs within last 5 years
- Successfully complete drug screen & physical (including 75lb lift)
- Professionalism & Positive Attitude
- Ability to clearly, effectively and consistently communicate orally and in writing with staff, parents, students, and collaterals
- Ability to carry out behavioral and educational data tracking and measurement in accurate, objective, and consistent manner
- Ability to establish, understand, and consistently teach/implement the IEPs
Why you want to work for Alpha School:
- Rewarding career where you make an impact in the classroom
- 100% company-paid medical & dental insurance with an HRA
- Year-Round Contract – you get paid through the summer months!
- Pension & Retirement programs
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by jobholders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an inclusive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position and may be subject to revision.
Salary starting at $29,500 with GREAT benefits!
Start Date: 7/26/2021 if possible. This is a contract position, but you are paid year-round.